Microcredentials, digital educational resources, the cooperation between educational institutions and the labour market – all of this depends on a good infrastructure. With a technology infrastructure, we shape the joint technology landscape in Dutch public tertiary education. In this way, we ensure easy and efficient cooperation between institutions and with the labour market, and we give substance to the Lifelong Learning initiative.
The technology infrastructure comprises all activities necessary to develop, make available, maintain and support services to build a sector-wide technology infrastructure. Here, we respond to the principles of the Higher Education Sector Architecture (HOSA) and the Middle Vocational Education Sector Architecture (MOSA). This includes building the technology and architecture, agreement systems (national and international) and product management and support on the services provided.
The activities of this focus of the programme include:
- Developing and organising technology solutions for e.g. pilots (Microcredentials/Student Mobility) and service development. This is done in cooperation with the transformation hubs and chain partners.
- (Further) development of architecture and arriving at (international) standards. Think of filling preconditions and developing appointment systems and a data exchange architecture.
- Organising a technical platform for development and management
- Providing expertise for technical implementation and adoption at institutions (this is a joint responsibility of technology infrastructure and the hubs)
- Realising an authentication and authorisation infrastructure
In this focus area, in collaboration with SURF and other partners, we build on the results of pilots from the programmes Doorpakken op Digitalisering and the Acceleration Plan.